Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Late Night Sing-a-long

It was late when I got home tonight.  That's happened a lot lately.  I arrived just in time to put the children to bed.  They were both washed and clean, smelling of flowers and strawberries.  Both dressed in pink pajamas they each took their place on my lap, close together.

We sang songs.  Taylor more than the baby...but she helped us by laughing.  We sang about twinkling stars, magic dragons and cowboys.  Cowboys was my idea.  We did the Hokey Pokey with me holding the baby's arms and legs.  What fun!

Marie put the baby down and I read books to Taylor.  We love Fancy Nancy and a book about animals in the spring time.  Grandfather Twilight will have to wait until tomorrow since it is late.  That book is starting to show some wear.  It is now committed to my memory but we must still see the pictures.

Together we talked about going to the mountains and how we might see a bear.  We like bears.  Many of our books are about forest animals like alligators and squirrels.  We love alligators!  It is fun to see the animals that we read about.

Taylor likes to jump on my head after books and we wrestle to the floor.  A quick tuck and twenty kisses and she is asleep.  Yet, I see her peak at me with her large green eyes as I close the door and say goodnight.

She'll sleep good...

Daddy will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment