Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Extra! Extra! To-Do List Breaks Newton's Law

Countdown to Delivery: 19 days
Due date: 4/18/10

It is impossible for anything to continue to gain mass when all you do is subtract mass.  Its a fundamental law.  However, our Baby To Do list continues to increase even though we keep working it down.  We are 19 days or less from the big day and still we have more things to do that we didn't need to do yesterday when we were to doing it.  

Marie and I sat on the bed in guest room and studied logistics.  How does a mommy who just had a C-section handle the stairs in our house?  Good question.  They are tall staircases, too.  The best thing is to keep her on one floor.  Tough to do with the master bedroom upstairs and the kitchen downstairs.  We figure that we'll keep Marie sequestered upstairs for the first week and I'll stay home with her.  Then, depending on the amount of grandma help we get, we may move her downstairs for the second week so she can get up and go to the fridge.  We'll let her sleep in the guest room and keep the baby in the laundry room.  Ok, that idea didn't go over too well.  But it is warm in there, especially with all the cleaning chemicals.

Food.  The pregnant mommy always wants to keep food in the house.  We made a list of things to cook this weekend (Scott to cook, that is) and I'll go to the store on Thursday.  Looks like 10 hours of cooking and cleaning but we'll have a stocked freezer.  I better buy a case of wine, too.  This could be a long summer.  Make that two cases.

Marie wants the baby right next to her so the bassinet will kept next to the bed.  This way Marie can feed her and not have to walk around too much.  This means that Scott isn't sleeping in the master bedroom because I'll keep the baby up from my snoring.  I better put a cot in the basement.  At least its cool down there and close to the trains.

We made another bigger list and I started on it tonight.  Marie wants my books out of the library and upstairs in our new reading room.  I can't carry my book collection because the bronchitis is making me very winded.  So I hired a neighbor to come do it for us on Saturday.  That will open up the new playroom for Taylor.

So much to do.  New fire extinguishers, several small repairs, arrgh!  When will it in.  Come on baby!  Please show up so Marie makes me be quiet all day and I can hide in the basement!

No comments:

Post a Comment