Monday, March 29, 2010

Not the Energizer Bunny

Countdown to Delivery: 20 days
Due date: 4/18/10

She's running out of energy.  Poor thing.  I tried to plug my wife into the electrical socket but my daughter warned her ahead of time.  She needs energy.

I can't imagine how bad she must feel.  Everything is a struggle.  She is not comfortable lying down.  Even less standing up.  Sitting is a problem, too.  Nothing makes her feel better.  Poor little wife.

I try to do things for her but she likes to do them herself.  She was struggling to move a laundry basket up the stairs when I caught her and took it away.  That's when I noticed that she was actually more round than the basket.  So just how do you walk when your center of gravity is off by so much?  Gently I reminded her that she doesn't have to lift or pick up anything, just let me know what she needs done and I'll do it.  The plague I've had for weeks appears to be lifting, thank God.  I'm getting my energy back.

I took the basket away from her and sent her to bed.  Its 9:00 pm and the daughter is snoozing away, dreaming of princesses and castles.  Time for mommy to relax.  But I don't think she really can but at least I can keep her from working.  Our to do list is still so long!  Tomorrow I'll buy her some fine chocolates.  Marie likes those.  They make her happy.

I guess I'm frustrated because she is miserable and me being the cause of it doesn't make me a likely candidate for helping her. But she never blames me, she just gasps and sighs and mopes around.  Most of the time I can here her Darth Vader breathing down the hall.  Poor little wife.

Its ok, sweetheart...21 days or less.  Just hang in there.  I love you and I'm here for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment