Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fun With Taylor

Countdown to Delivery: 6 days
Due date: 4/12/10

I like to play with Taylor when I come home She is such a trip. Tonight we did a quiet evening and watched The Princess and the Frog by Disney. What a fun movie! She snuggled up tight to her daddy and gave me lots of little kisses.

Then I said the magic words....

"Time for bed, sweetheart!"

Like magic my beautiful, adorable little princess mysteriously turns into a pit viper, writhing and hissing and spitting poison at me. We do NOT like to go to bed, especially when we are having fun with daddy.

Finally I had to pick her up like a sack of potatoes and throw her over my shoulder. Size matters when dealing with children.  Kicking and screaming, I carried her up the stairs. Makes me feel like a pirate.

"Arrgh!"
"I'll never walk the plank you bad old pirate!"
"Why yes, you will matey...and your stuffed horsie, too!"
"No no no!"
"And I'll makes it worse for yee, too! You'll have to brush your teeth!"
"I'll never brush my teeth! You can't make me!"
"Aye, lassy, that's where you are mistaken!"

The burly captain grabs the young princess and hoists her into his giant arms. His tremendous footsteps rock the ship and the boards of the deck groan in pain.

"Here....now....brush your teeth!"
"Never! I hope you die!"
"A little much for just brushing your teeth, don't ya think, lassy?"
"I want my mommy!"
"You're mommy has perfect teeth. Not even a single cavity...so what makes yee think that she'll pardon your scruffy hyde?"
"You are MEAN TO ME!"
"Ya don't know the half of it, me hardee..."

She brushed her teeth.
She hugged and kissed her mommy goodnight.
Her horsie is tucked under her arm.

But no kiss for the mean old pirate that tucked her into bed.  He'll wander amidships and hopes he next daughter is only a dragon...

No comments:

Post a Comment