Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday Monday

Countdown to Delivery: 6 days
Due date: 4/12/10

Tonight Duke will go on to win the Final Four and the Collegiate Championship. I’m so happy for Marie as I know she will enjoy the game. Heck, I’m happy if she just smiles once or twice. She is really uncomfortable.

Sorry I’ve not posted over the weekend. Marie has had me doing double-time on furniture. We move my library to the bedroom annex which is a great idea. I often read upstairs, so might as well have the books up there, too. My father’s leather chair and a good light will join the group. I still need a small table and then I’m set.

The library downstairs is now Taylor’s new playroom. We put in a bunch of furniture such as a massive cubicle wall unit and a new drawing desk. I’ll be able to sit with Taylor and teach her how to draw. What fun!

I keep going over the list of things we need and will need to do. Our good friend Elaine has volunteered to come clean the house this week. That is probably the best gift we’ll get next to my Mom coming to stay. Elaine does an amazing job, too. The house needs it, and I’m running out of time to do it.

I’ve been over our hospital bags a few times. There were only a few things that I added.

• Scotch – fifth, just in case.
• Inflatable mattress – in case I pass out in the operating room
• Smelling salts – see above
• Ear plugs – in case Marie decides to discuss my heredity with the nursing staff
• Laptop – so that I can broadcast Baby Katie’s pictures
• Cigars – Partagas, small ring, wooden matches, cutter. Not sure where I can smoke it though.
• Cheetohs – the crunchy kind.
• Model Train Magazines – these go with me everywhere
• A Llama – never know when you might need a llama.

I’ll carry the debit card just in case we need anything else. Gainesville is a foreign country so I’m not really sure what we might be able to get. One thing I’ll have to do is import food for Marie. I can’t have her eating hospital swill. It will kill her. She’ll need good wholesome food like Chick-Fil-A. There might be one in the hospital, too!

Marie is at home trying to sleep. I hope she does nod off some as she is really tired and can’t sleep well at night. Taylor is sleeping fine, though I’m still not sure that she really understands what is going on. She pats and kisses Mommy’s tummy all the time, but I don’t think she really gets that there is a baby in there.

Not sure I get it either!

No comments:

Post a Comment